If you are preparing to give the LEED exam this is an awesome read! highly recommended. It is a complete pictorial reference guide to the LEED exam.
The book is intended as:
A comprehensive study guide for USGBC's LEED® Green Associate Exam (v 3.0).
· A visual explanation of sustainable and high performance buildings, and their benefits
· A handy reference guide for building owners, architects,engineers, developers, contractors and all other design and construction professionals.
Topics explained in the book:
· Green Building,
· Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design,
· Sustainable Sites,
· Water Efficiency,
· Energy and Atmosphere,
· Material and Resources,
· Indoor Environmental Quality,
· Innovation in Design and Regional Priority.
Graphics and text layout:
· All chapters are color coded for easy navigation through the book.
· Each topic is explained for its 'Intent' - addressing the environmental issue and 'Approach' - explaining the strategies to solve it.
· Every topic is explained through colorful illustrations to help you understand the concept clearly and retain it in your memory.
· Relevant glossary is explained at bottom of the page, saving time of having to look it up at end of the book.
Mnemonics for easy memorization:Visual mnemonics used throughout the book to help you remember difficult standards with ease.